There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017 EST
IdeasCity is a collaborative, civic, and creative platform that investigates key issues, proposes solutions, and seeds concrete actions. Starting from the premise that art and culture are essential to the future vitality of cities, this international initiative provides a forum for designers, artists, technologists, and policymakers to exchange ideas, identify challenges, and engage the public’s participation.
IdeasCity Arles Residency Program
Program dates: May 22–27, 2017
- The residency Program is structured around workshops, site visits, lectures, and discussions with experts, including artists, designers, policymakers, and community members. Fellows will live and work together on-site for the week-long program, providing an opportunity for intense collaboration, creativity, and learning.
- IdeasCity Arles will provide housing, food, and a $600 honorarium for the duration of the program.
All application materials must be submitted online though Submittable. Click on the "Apply Here" button below to establish an account and submit your application. If you have used Submittable previously, you may use your existing login ID. Due to the high-volume of applicants, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted directly.
- Résumé or CV | 2-pages max in .pdf format
- Short Statements | Answer the following questions in 500-words max each:
- What is your motivation for participating in IdeasCity Arles?
- What can you contribute to IdeasCity Arles?
- Tell us about a specific project that has come to define your practice. What did you learn from this experience?
- Work Samples | Optional, upload a past or current project as supplementary material for your application