NTU CCA Ideas Fest 2019–20 in collaboration with IdeasCity, New Museum
Application Deadline: December 9, 2019
The NTU Centre for Contemporary Art Singapore and the New Museum announce an Open Call for artists, designers, researchers, and organizers to participate in IdeasCity Singapore, a Residency and Public Program on the intersection of community, nature, and politics in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
IdeasCity Singapore will take place from February 15-23, 2020 and will study the notion of being in solidarity with nature. The week-long Residency will feature performances, screenings, seminars, site-visits, and workshops, and invites emerging practitioners to develop projects and research on the environmental, social, and urban networks that shape the way we live together. The culminating Public Program on February 22, 2020 will feature conversations, presentations, and workshops addressing local, global, and planetary concerns defining Singapore and Southeast Asia today, and the future of communities world-wide.
IdeasCity Singapore welcomes applications to its Residency Program and proposals for its Public Program collaboration through an Open Call. Candidates will be selected based on motivation, interest, and availability, on a rolling basis until December 9, 2019.
IdeasCity will provide honoraria of $500 USD to its selected Residency Program participants, $200 USD for its Public Program collaborators, meals, and accommodation to those traveling to Singapore.
To apply, please answer the following questions on our Submittable Portal:
1. How and why do you want to participate in IdeasCity Singapore?
- As a full time Residency Fellow from February 15-23, 2020. Please apply as Fellow with a statement on how you will develop or further projects and research during the Residency.
- As a Public Program Facilitator during February 15-23, 2020. Please apply as Facilitator with ideas for performances, screenings, seminars, site-visits, workshops, and other formats of cultural exchange to take place across Singapore and Southeast Asia during the Residency.
2. What is your relationship to Singapore?
- Please describe your connection to or curiosity towards Singapore and Southeast Asia.
For questions, please email email@example.com or reach us @ideascity on social media channels.
For more info, please visit ideas-city.org.